Are there any treatments to lose weight with pcos besides metformin?

Dr. Nahrain Alzubaidi
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: If you are diabetic

Low carb diet like the south beach is about the best you can do to reduce wt in pcos.
If the patient is also diabetic hga1cis more than 6.5 we can use victoza (liraglutide) and Byetta injectables. Otc , nac can help( n- acetylene cysteine.

In brief: If you are diabetic

Dr. Nahrain Alzubaidi
Dr. Nahrain Alzubaidi
Dr. Travis Smith
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Dont think so

As far as i know metformin is the only medicine for pcos that has been successfully used and shown in studies to help with weight loss.
Birth control also help with symptoms but not weight loss. I would have this discussion with your ob/gyn.

In brief: Dont think so

Dr. Travis Smith
Dr. Travis Smith
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham