I've been ttc for almost 3 yrs now with no luck. How can I check on my infertility with no insurance? How expensive is it n what can I do to get help?

Dr. Deborah Smith
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Varies

I think its a misconception that all fertility therapy is expensive---ivf is expensive, but not all pts need ivf, most do not .
We do have costs for treatment on our website, www.Rockymountainfertility.Com, but your local costs may be more or less depending where you live. We also offer financing and self pay packages for those without fertility benefits.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Deborah Smith
Dr. Deborah Smith
Dr. William Dailey

In brief: Can't conceive

That is a very difficult question.
I would say to discuss options with your pcp. Many times there are patient assistance programs for some labs. Anything beyond labs and some initial oral medication are going to beyond your ability to pay unless you have access to significant cash or can get a loan. Some fertility clinics also offer financing.... Again, talk to your doctor. $10, 000 to start.

In brief: Can't conceive

That is a very difficult question.
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. William Dailey
Dr. Deborah Smith
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Variable

Lots of patients do not have benefits to cover the diagnosis or treatment of infertility and self pay for visits.
The cost of testing is variable. Most fertility doctors understand pts are self pay and try to minimize the cost. The use of Clomid (clomiphene) could be as cheap as $30 if you are a candidate. Babies are not cheap either start saving the money you would spend on a baby for the fertility therapy.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Deborah Smith
Dr. Deborah Smith
Dr. Jane Van Dis