I am on luvox (fluvoxamine) since 01 at 250mg and have anxiety/pd, since mar my anxiety is at6-7 /10my gp ref to pdoc but the wait is 3 months? Should we try lexapr

In brief: Lexapro

I am sorry but the volunteer doctors on this portion of the HealthTap have been asked not to make diagnoses or to provide medical care.
As a result, we are not in a position to tell you if you should or should not have a trial of Lexapro at this point.

In brief: Lexapro

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: No

Clinical studies have not shown Lexapro to be effective in panic disorder.
, although it is effective in generalized anxiety disorder.Antidepressants that work in gad and pd include Paxil ( i prefer Pexeva brand) effexor (venlafaxine). Zoloft works well on panic generally but is inconsistent in its response to gad.Hope this helps.

In brief: No

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Eric Weisman