Working with the psychiatrist

Is good to do. Psychiatrists, like myself are medical doctors with specialized training dealing with patients suffering from mental illnesses. Like everything else, there are good and bad psychiatrists. A good one, i would think has competency in deciding what exactly is wrong with the patient, being able to prescribe treatments which are safe and effective and have a friendly and warm "bedside manner.
Needs thoughtfulness. The "with" in working with a psychiatrist requires thoughtfulness, honesty, and attention from both. A careful history is the most important information, there are no lab tests for our patients problems. With those virtues, most patients can find treatment. Treatment is done with the patient, rather than just to the patient, it is constructed. There is no substitute for time and attention.
Work w/pscych. Psychiatrist. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating mental illness. A psychiatrist's training starts with four years of medical school and is followed by a one-year internship and at least three years of specialized training as a psychiatric resident. A psychiatrist monitors the effects of mental illness on other physical conditions, such as problems with the heart or high blood pressure. As a doctor, a psychiatrist is licensed to write prescriptions. Many mental disorders -- such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, or bipolar disorder -- can be treated effectively with specific drugs. If you are working with a psychiatrist, a lot of the treatment may be focused on medication management. Sometimes medication alone is enough to treat the mental illness. Sometimes a combination of medication and psychotherapy or counseling is needed. If that is the case, the psychiatrist may provide the psychotherapy, or the psychiatrist may refer you to a counselor or other type of mental health professional.