78.8 mcv, 26 mch, 15.2 rdw, 0.6 creatinine, 5 anion gap. Could you please interpret these labs for me? Thank you!

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: Looks like low blood

You have a low MCV and mchc.
Your RDW is high and your anion gap and creatinine are normal. It looks like with your high RDW and other low blood results that you've got some anemic process going on. The high RDW could mean that there is a destructive process to your red cells as this shows a great difference in the size of your red cells. It would help to see your dr. And get a blood smear.

In brief: Looks like low blood

You have a low MCV and mchc.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology

In brief: No

These labs mean nothing in isolation.
We know nothing of your symptoms, signs, other labs, or even why you are concerned about labs that are within or near the reference range. Labs are meaningful only in specific contexts or when they are far removed from most people's. Otherwise, you're best to ignore them -- though I appreciate your interest in learning.

In brief: No

These labs mean nothing in isolation.
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Agree c Dr. Woods

The blood count is made up of much more than what you have sent.
Are you anemic? What is the context of this blood count?

In brief: Agree c Dr. Woods

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Jack Hinkle