Does the doctor need to do to tests to be sure if the diagnosis is dengue fever?

To be sure-yes. Dengue is common in the tropics. Symptoms can range from mild flu like illness to severe muscle aches, fever, headache, and fatigue. Rarely, it can progress on to internal oozing. Typically a blood count and dengue antibodies are ordered. However, people who see this disease often, sometimes just need to do an accurate history (interview) and physical exam. Prevent with daytime insect repellent.
YES!!! Low white count, IV fluids, supportive care and take precautions about mosquitoes in the future. Prevention is key.