Is bio oil a good skin treaatment for acne scarring and uneven skin tone while on accutane? Given you don't break out from the oil.

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Myth but use if help

Many of my patients swear by the benefits of tea tree or bio-oil and so i generally don't dissuade them but there is very little science to support its use.
It is probably the massage, (which we know helps scars) that is used to apply the oil, which is actually providing the improvements observed. Massage with any clean oil 3-4 times a day. Silicon gel trips are more likely to improve the scar.

In brief: Myth but use if help

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik