Dx w bursitis, no swelling on tip of elbow, its all inside my inner forearm. I also feel a fluid like sac. 2 weeks since the fall. Normal?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Olecranon bursitis

Occurs at the tip if the back of the elbow .
The bursa protects the skin from the bone but at times get inflamed chronically from trauma or even infection. Fullness in the joint or anterior area may come from a swollen joint, the bursa and joint are two different areas

In brief: Olecranon bursitis

Dr. Richard Makowiec
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Pretty normal

Olecranon bursitis results in swelling about the posterior tip of the elbow and can sometimes cause pain too.
Initial treatment is typically nsaids, rest and avoiding direct pressure on the olecranon. If necessary, this can be drained but recurrence is common.

In brief: Pretty normal

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine