Generally speaking, how long does it take to recover from breast augmentation? Same question in regard to them settling as well.

Dr. Gregory Surfield
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Everyone's different

Generally it is about 1-2 weeks.
If placed behind the muscle it likely will take a little longer. Settling may take a few months.

In brief: Everyone's different

Generally it is about 1-2 weeks.
Dr. Gregory Surfield
Dr. Gregory Surfield
Dr. Dennis Dass
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Quick Recovery

The discomfort from breast augmentation is dependent on the size of the implant you desire.
Larger implants...More discomfort...Longer recovery. On average, you should be able to get back to work within a few days (or even quicker with small implants). Six weeks before strenuous exercises. It can be 2 months before they settle. http://www.dassmd.com/breast-augmentation/index.html.

In brief: Quick Recovery

Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Dennis Dass
Dr. Joseph Mele
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast Aug Recovery

In general, it takes a week or two to recover from breast augmentation.
I do the majority behind the muscle and in 3-4 days patients are able to drive, and in a week doing most tasks. Strenuous exercise, heavy lifting and contact sports may resume after 6 weeks. Individual results vary.

In brief: Breast Aug Recovery

Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Joseph Mele
Dr. Stephen Greenberg
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 24 Hr Rapid Recovery

We perform a mini-incision rapid-recovery breast augmentation, through which most patients (over 90%) will be back to their normal routine in 24 hours, with the exception of strenuous exercise.
Patients will also experience less pain, bruising and scarring. Breast augmentation is considered an outpatient procedure, so you will be able to go home the same day as your surgery.

In brief: 24 Hr Rapid Recovery

Dr. Stephen Greenberg
Dr. Stephen Greenberg
Dr. Matthew Schulman
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Rapid Recovery

Each patient is different but there are some advanced techniques that will help you recover faster. I use a rapid recovery technique and my patients feel pretty good in just a few days.
Most are back to work in 4-5 days, but limited from heavy lifting for 2 weeks. Select a board certified plastic surgeon with exceptional technique. http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery.com/breast/breast-augmentation.

In brief: Rapid Recovery

Dr. Matthew Schulman
Dr. Matthew Schulman
Dr. Archibald Miller
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 2weeks

The true healing phase of a breast augmentation is actually 2 weeks.
It is usually a full month before all the muscle tightness wears off.

In brief: 2weeks

Dr. Archibald Miller
Dr. Archibald Miller
Dr. Gary Tuma
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Recovery

Recovery varies on patient, placement of implant in sub glandular (under breast) or sub muscular (under the muscle) and size.
Most surgeons recommend no heavy lifting or working out for 4-6 weeks post surgery. The settling can take several months and even up to a year.

In brief: Recovery

Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Jane Van Dis