What are the chances that a red, itchy, burning scrotum skin is caused by roundworm? I was given ivermectin+albendazole tablets by doctor but no help.

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Yeast Infection

That surely does not sound like an effective medication treatment for a common yeast infection.
There are numerous anti-fungals to use and even in india, i believe, they do not require a prescription.

In brief: Yeast Infection

Pathology

In brief: Not worms

I was not present for the office visit but I agree with my colleague that this sounds totally inappropriate.
Most often this is tinea cruris, best managed by a combination of topical over-the-counter antifungals, washing several times a day with a clean towel each time, and keeping things cool down their day and night. Best wishes.

In brief: Not worms

Dr. Robert Jackson
Dermatology

In brief: Probably

This is probably pruritus scroti.
Please see a dermatologist for treatment.

In brief: Probably

This is probably pruritus scroti.