I read a blog post about advanced Lyme disease. But I'm still not clear - what is it?

Bacterial infection. Lyme disease is a tick borne bacterial disease associated with skin rash, arthritis, nerve damage and a variety of other signs and symptoms. The existence, pathology and treatment of chronic or advanced lyme disease is controversial and some experts even doubt the existence of chronic lyme disease.
Lyme disease. Lyme disease is caused by a bacterium called borrelia burgdorferi, when an infected tick bit a human and transfer the bactrium to the person, initially the person may develop a local rash called erythema migrans, left untreated the patient may develop complications such as heart block, neurological symptoms, psychiatric symptoms etc..., the disease was 1st discovered in lyme, connecticut.