I want to know my options for treating claudication?

Dr. Mary Efremov

In brief: Stop smoking

Often a disease of vessel narrowing from smoking related illness, key is to stop smoking, get more exercise, and confer with your doctor.

In brief: Stop smoking

Dr. Mary Efremov
Dr. Mary Efremov
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management

In brief: Medical/Surgical

Depending on the extent of blockage, firstline treatment is directed at getting the blood to circulate.
There are a number of drugs which work this way. If there is a definite blockage it might be able to be a"bypassed". You need to see a vascular specialist to get all of the options. There is also a kind of claudication that comes from spinal stenosis that needs to be ruled out, too.

In brief: Medical/Surgical

Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Claudication

walking as much as possible is best as it improves circulation

In brief: Claudication

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology