Can nucynta (tapentadol) 100mgs cause hallucinations and uncontrollable rapid eye movement with eye pain w it?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: Yes and no

There have been post- marketing case reports of Nucynta (tapentadol) causing hallucinations.
I did not see any reference to rapid eye movements or eye pain associated with it. It would be a good idea to see an optometrist to see if you have glaucoma which many central nervous system drugs can trigger. A neurology or ophthalmologist should evaluate you for causes of nystagmus, the rapid eye movements

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson