Just got home from doctor. She said I have baker's cyst. Looked it up online and now more confused that ever. Can you explain what it means to have it?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explain
A baker's cyst is a pocket of fluid that forms a lump behind the knee.
It is also called a popliteal cyst.

In brief: Let me explain
It is also called a popliteal cyst.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: Behind knee joint
A baker's cyst is also known as a popliteal cyst.
It often develops behind the knee joint when there is some other problem within the knee joint. Arthritis or a cartilage tear (meniscus tear) are the most common problems associated with a baker's cyst. The key is to treat the problem in the joint and not focus on the cyst. If swelling within the joint is reduced, then the cyst often disappears.

In brief: Behind knee joint
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes