My son has cancer. Is that something serious?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: It can be.

The word "cancer" encompasses so many different types, each with their own unique treatment and prognosis.
I encourage you to ask your son for more details and offer to accompany him to any doctor visits.

In brief: It can be.

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Pathology

Cancer is serious at any age.
Childhood cancers are more treatable than adult cancers. Please see your doctor asap.

Cancer is serious at any age.
Pathology

All cancers, if not successfully treated by surgery, radiation, and/or chemotherapy, will eventually kill the patient.
They range from tiny skin cancers that will take twenty years to eat into the brain if ignored, to aggressive sarcomas that respond to nothing and kill in a few weeks. Please get junior to a trustworthy medical group, and good luck.

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Cancer is serious

Cancer is always serious.
Requires highly trained professionals to deal with cancer. Your son will need to see a specialist who is treating cancer- i, e, oncologist.

In brief: Cancer is serious

Cancer is always serious.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Jonathan Jassey