My mother was diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. Can you tell me about it?

Dr. Reza Karimi
Neurosurgery

In brief: Narrow spinal canal

This is a narrowing of the spinal canal caused by arthritis and associated degeneration and growth of the joints and ligaments of the cervical spine.
This can cause compression of the spinal cord if the joint/ligament overgrowth is severe enough, particularly if someone is born with a more narrow spinal canal. Spinal cord compression can cause weakness of the arms/legs and difficulty walking.

In brief: Narrow spinal canal

Dr. Reza Karimi
Dr. Reza Karimi
Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

Cervical spondylosis is a disorder in which there is abnormal wear on the cartilage and bones of the neck (cervical vertebrae).
It is a common cause of chronic neck pain.

Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Steven Seres