What choices do I have for treating back injury?

Dr. Jeffrey Baum
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Many

Most acute back injuries are self-limiting and can be treated with rest and over the counter medication.
If the pain lasts more than a few days one should see a medical professional and especially if the patient has numbness or tingling going down the legs.

In brief: Many

Dr. Jeffrey Baum
Dr. Jeffrey Baum
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology

In brief: Depends

This type of question cannot be answered without knowing the type , extent and the physical signs present after the trauma.
The answer could be nothing much except symptomatic treatment to neurological or orthopedic surgery. Back problems can fall within the territory of 4 major specialities, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and rheumatology.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: Pain Management

I would add that back problems are also treated by pain management physicians most of whom are anesthesiologists or physiatrists.

In brief: Pain Management

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld