Does testosterone have an effect on the heart?

Seems so. There have been a number of studies over the past couple of years that show that cardiovascular events (heart attacks) are higher in men who are on replacement testosterone.
Probably. I researched this and found conflicting information. There was a conference on this subject in 2005 published in the journal of the american college of cardiology which concluded that, "serious side effects may result from the use of [testosterone], including cardiac hypertrophy, myocyte necrosis, myocarditis, fibrosis, coronary thrombosis, and sudden death (even at recommended dosing) (2- 3).".