Does testosterone have an effect on the heart?

Dr. Lori Wagner
In brief: Seems so
There have been a number of studies over the past couple of years that show that cardiovascular events (heart attacks) are higher in men who are on replacement testosterone.

In brief: Seems so
Dr. Lori Wagner
Dr. Lori Wagner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Probably
I researched this and found conflicting information.
There was a conference on this subject in 2005 published in the journal of the american college of cardiology which concluded that, "serious side effects may result from the use of [testosterone], including cardiac hypertrophy, myocyte necrosis, myocarditis, fibrosis, coronary thrombosis, and sudden death (even at recommended dosing) (2- 3).".

In brief: Probably
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology