How do I avoid developing cauda equina syndrome?

Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Doctor
If you have a history of lumbar disc herniation or spinal stenosis, check with your doctor to see if the compression seen on imaging studies warrants concern.
If you have no history of lumbar issues, then your risk is extremely low of ever developing this condition in one's lifetime. There is no screening for this pathology for prevention.

In brief: Doctor
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Jonathan Hyde
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management
In brief: Avoid causes.
Not sure where you are coming from with this question.
I can't opine about ways to avoid complications unless i know what you are talking about as a potential trigger. Are you talking post-surgical, trauma, infectious? Get us more info and we can add content to the answer.

In brief: Avoid causes.
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Random and rare
Random and rare events dont fall from great heights even if careful you cam cough and have a huge disc herniation this condition does noy have correctable risk factors it rare and random like young stroke traumatic paralysis.

In brief: Random and rare
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston