Are natural remedies for antiphospholipid syndrome safe?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Safe but don't work
Safe but not effective can be dangerous.
Antiphospholipid syndrome is rare but can cause serious problems including blood clots in the legs or lungs which may be fatal, or pregnancy complications, such as multiple early miscarriages, late miscarriage, or severe pre-eclampsia. See a hematologist if you're not trying to conceive, reproductive endocrinologist (rei) if trying, high risk OB if pregnant.

In brief: Safe but don't work
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
2 comments
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Hmmm ... thinking about my previous answer heparin and even enoxaparin shots are actually a 'natural' remedy - still purified from animal tissue as far as I know - but I was assuming you meant herbal medicines, diet, Chinese medicine etc. rather than drugs. But heparin is natural. Even aspirin is just an esterified version of natural salicylic acid from willow bark, but is made synthetically now.
Dr. Ted King
An interesting thought. I was assuming herbal medicines as well.
Dr. Michael Fox
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Unknown
Natural remedies for most conditions are unproven and the true content of "natural remedies" are unknown for the most part.
They certainly are not controlled so from batch to batch their could be enormous differences in content. As to safety ? The remedy referred to. The risk of clotting with true aps is very high. So the unsafe aspect would be due to inadequate treatment.

In brief: Unknown
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Michael Fox
Dr. Ted King
Phlebology
In brief: Ineffective
I completely agree with drs.
Rehman and fox. Natural remedies for antipholipid syndrome might very well be safe, but it is not at all likely that there is anything that is, in the least, effective.

In brief: Ineffective
I completely agree with drs.
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Jane Van Dis