How do people treat advanced Lyme disease?

ID Consultation. Patients with advanced lyme's disease need to be evaluated by an infectious disease specialist. Their therapy may require intravenous medications but that requires further evaluations.
Different opinions. The definition of advanced lyme disease will vary from doctor to doctor, and this is often an overdiagnosed illness with parameters which are difficult to define or prove. Antibiotics have not proven to be effective once the acute phase of the illness has resolved, and many doctors will simply try and provide relief of symptoms.