Does DMSO help plantar fasciitis?

Evidence says. No. According to doctors who study effective medicine and treatments, there is no good published study in peer reviewed journals that shows DMSO effectively treats plantar fasciitis. Although there are "experiences" with patients who have good results, these may be placebo-effects and not "evidence" based medicine.
No. If your plantar fasciitis gets better with DMSO, then it get better without it as well.
Short Answer--Yes. Plantar fasciitis is difficult to treat--but topical DMSO can be very helpful. Get good arch supports for your shoes, and avoid the activity that caused your plantar fasciitis in the first place (prolonged standing, walking on hard surfaces, etc). Apply DMSO several times each day, use white socks (dmso is a solvent, and you may absorb colored dyes). Don't expect symptoms to resolve overnight.
See a podiatrist. Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the plantar fascia. Most often it is caused by improper footwear or lack of footwear. Conservative care often works best. See your local podiatrist for the best options in diagnosis and treatment. Are you sure you have plantar fasciitis? Supportive shoes worn at all times often treats it effectively - avoid flip flops, slip on shoes, barefoot to start. No dmso!