Is having cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea something to worry about? My wife is upset since my son's doctor visit.

Dr. Zoey Goore

In brief: Csf rhinorrhea

Unfortunately yes.
The question is why does he have fluid from around his brain (CSF) coming from his nose. That usually means there is an abnormal connection from his brain to one of his sinuses which then drains out of his nose . I'm hoping there is a plan to figure it out?

In brief: Csf rhinorrhea

Unfortunately yes.
Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. Zoey Goore
Dr. William Culviner
It needs a thorough evaluation with an ENT MD and these can be repaired surgically.
Dr. Willam Lau
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

If it is truly CSF rhinorrhea, then there is a tear in the lining around the brain and a constant danger of developing bacterial meningitis.
It needs to be sealed off.

It needs to be sealed off.
Dr. Willam Lau
Dr. Willam Lau
Dr. Adam Smith