My daughter is 2.5 years old, and her teeth were hit by her friend so that two front teeth are not in the same line, and blood in gum. Any concern? How to handle? Should we see dentist immediately?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Pedodontist!

As an orthodontist I have to straighten the permanent teeth displaced when baby teeth are traumatized.
Your pediatrician is not a dentist. Your dentist has only limited training and experience managing this type of problem. Ask your dentist to immediately refer you to a pediatric dental specialist for advice and care.

In brief: Pedodontist!

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman

In brief: Go at once

I'm not sure how bad the hit was, but it is better to have a dentist take a look at it now, and do something if necessary, than to not go and be sorry that you didn't.

In brief: Go at once

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: It's important

Yes, it's very important that you take your daughter to a pedodontist (pediatric dentist) unless your general dentist regularly sees children of this age.
Many things need to be evaluated both now and monitored over the next 6 months. Immediate concern would be fractures, infection and death of nerves of teeth. Monitoring also essential as nerve death may take time to develop and show.

In brief: It's important

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Pediatric visit

These are baby teeth and if a little out of line, will not affect the alignment of the adult teeth when they erupt.
If they look crooked first discuss with you pediatrician.

In brief: Pediatric visit

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Arnold Malerman
As an Orthodontist, the specialist that straightens teeth, I couldn't disagree more. Displaced baby teeth, even mildly so, can cause damage, displacement, and/or impaction of the underlying permanent tooth. This is a dental issue, not a medical issue, and this child should be seeing a Pediatric Dental Specialist for evaluation and care. A Pediatrician is not trained to properly diagnose and treat this type of injury. A General Dentist has only limited training in dealing with this type of trauma and the affects it can have on both dentitional development and facial development. Please see a Pediatric Dentist now.
Dr. Cindy Juster