I have oral surgery for impacted wisdom tooth tomorrow. Is it safe to take viagra (sildenafil) today? Heard mmight interact with anesthesia

Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

Most wisdom teeth extractions are done under local anesthesia with a sedative, not full general anesthesia.
Talk to your provider and confirm the procedure. If it is general anesthesia you will need to tell your anesthesiologist so that they can take precautions. However, at 39 years old it is not likely that you need viagra (sildenafil) for erectile dysfunction.

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard

In brief: Hold off

You are taking viagra (sildenafil) for ed not pulmonary hypertension correct.
Then hold off taking viagra (sildenafil) the night before wisdom teeth removal. Tell your oral surgeon that you take viagra (sildenafil). Don't smoke after the procedure. Have a family member drive you since you can't drive home by yourself. Have a family member stay with you the first night absolutely.

In brief: Hold off

Dr. Randy Stevens
Dr. Randy Stevens

In brief: Call surgeon

I do not know what medications your surgeon will be administering, so to advise you one way or another would not be prudent.
Please call your surgeon and get his/her ok as to what meds you can take the night before.

In brief: Call surgeon

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Vikram Patel