Cannot sleep. My child has aplastic anemia. What is that?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Aplastic anemia

I am sorry to hear that.
Aplastic anemia (aa) is a condition that happens due to a bone marrow failure- that results in significant decrease level of red blood cell, white blood cells and platelets. Factors that have been related to aa include- autoimmune process, chemical/drug exposure. Treatment will include supportive care/blood product etc, immunosupressive agent and bone marrow transplant

In brief: Aplastic anemia

I am sorry to hear that.
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
PNH has to be ruled out in aplastic anemia.
Dr. Cindy Steele

In brief: Bone marrow failure

Aplastic anemia is when the bone marrow or blood factory does not make enough of white blood cells red cells and plateltes.
There are many causes and also treatments now. Your child needsto be seen by a center for pediatric hemtology and you will get the right answers and treaments.

In brief: Bone marrow failure

Dr. Cindy Steele
Dr. Cindy Steele
Dr. Jonathan Jassey