Should I take any additional precautions whilst having sex during my chemotherapy regime? 

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Condoms!
Chemo drugs are present in semen and vaginal secretions, so whether you are a man or woman, it's best to use condoms to protect your partner from exposure to chemo.
Also, you may be at higher risk of infection and/or bleeding during sex depending on your blood counts, so ask your doctor if it's safe. And you may need to use more lubrication than you once did. Otherwise, go for it!

In brief: Condoms!
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. William A Biermann
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Condom
The suggested precaution is to use a condom during intercourse to reduce potential exposure during the first 48 hours.

In brief: Condom
Dr. William A Biermann
Dr. William A Biermann
Dr. Marsha Davis