Can GERD cause flushes of panic that feel like heart issues or that u will pass out?

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Gerd

I have patients with gerd who report experiencing exactly what you have described.
Best.

In brief: Gerd

Best.
Dr. Patrick Tapia

In brief: In severe cases yes

The extreme pain and at times panic that accompanies severe pain in the chest can send patients who are hyperaware of physiological processes in their body into a panic attack.
There is a term psychosomatic that refers to the mind body connection and when the body is ailing there is frequently repercussions for the mental health of the individual who is struggling with these symptoms.

In brief: In severe cases yes

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology