Looked up carpal tunnel syndrome but still unsure what it is.?

Nerve compression. Carpal tunnel syndrome is the term we use for the condition caused by pressure on the median nerve. This is a nerve that runs down the forearm into the wrist where it then divides into the individual nerves to the thumb, index, middle and half of the ring finger. Pressure on this nerve causes numbness and tingling in these fingers.
Nerve compression. Carpal tunnel syndrome (cts) is compression of a nerve at the wrist. The carpal tunnel is a place at the wrist where the tendons that move the fingers and thumb and the median nerve pass to reach the fingers. When there is swelling in this tunnel for any reason it puts pressure on the nerve and can cause numbness, pain and weakness.