How does having breast carcinoma change things?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Life-changer
I think that every person who is diagnosed with any type of cancer goes thru that initial "shock" which can be overwhelming.
However, most (breast) cancers can be readily treated, and many cured. The best thing to do is to aggressively seek out medical info and try to "take control" of the disease, rather than the other way around. In time, one will hopefully get back to their normal lives.

In brief: Life-changer
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Wayne Ingram
In brief: Depends
It depends on the stage of the disease.
Early diagnosis may mean a "lumpectomy" and no further treatment, just md followup visits. Late diagnosis affects the quality and length of life including surgery, radiation or chemotherapy treatments.

In brief: Depends
It depends on the stage of the disease.
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Adam Levy