Had a canker for over 2 weeks. Doesn't seem to be healing. And hurts! should I be concerned? I'm taking antibiotics, if that has any relevance.

Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dentistry

Canker sores last about two weeks to heal.
If your has not and remains pretty much the same size please have your dentist look at. Also antibiotivs do not have any effect on them since their origen is viral.Please have it look.

Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dr. Alvaro Lazo
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Probably not that

Canker sores (aphthous ulcers) usually resolve in 10 to 14 days.
You probably don't have a canker sore. Antibiotics will neither help nor worsen canker sores. I suggest that you start by seeing your dentist in order to determine exactly what you have . Once that is known, proper treatment, if necessary, can be instituted. You may also be referred to a physician, oral surgeon or oral medicine dr.

In brief: Probably not that

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Antibiotics 4 Canker

What antibiotics? There are no antibiotics for canker sores.
There is an anti-viral medication. Can you be a bit more specific to make sure you are not getting the wrong medication?

In brief: Antibiotics 4 Canker

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Andrea Brand