Do natural remedies for COPD work?

Dr. Thomas Stern
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: COPD treatments
There are two natural remedies that i can think of that improve COPD symptoms.
The most important is smoking cessation. A second natural remedy that has been shown to work is pulmonary rehab - also known as exercise. I would recommend vaccinations against the flu and pneumococcus but you may not consider those natural remedies.

In brief: COPD treatments
Dr. Thomas Stern
Dr. Thomas Stern
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Not well
The best thing for COPD is to quit smoking, and after that to wear oxygen if you need it.
Theophyline (in black or green tea) can help open the airways somewhat, but is not recommended for COPD and should be monitored by drug levels - rather than taken as needed in tea. Other non-pharmacologic remedies have no efficacy.

In brief: Not well
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology