Sure, i've heard of chronic myelogenous leukemia. But now that I have it, I want to know what is really happening in my body.?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Cancer of WBC
CML is a chronic leukemia- cancer of the white blood cells.
The bad news is that you have cancer. The good news is that you can control-perhaps to "cure" this leukemia with pill that you take at daily basis. The prognosis majority is very good. Only for a few cases-that people need bone marrow transplantation for cml- nowadays. For further detail info- read at www.Nccn.Com for patient resource.

In brief: Cancer of WBC
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
In brief: Just cheer up ..
Fatigue, anemia.
.It is not the end of the world as it used to be. Gleevec (imatinib) changed the outcome....And prolonged the lives of thousands all over the world. Newer drugs are even better... Now, we are talking about long-term survival.....The quality of life with treatment is very good... The side effects are minimal, mild and well tolerated...

In brief: Just cheer up ..
Fatigue, anemia.
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Dr. Marsha Davis