Eat healthy. Exercise. Avoid smoking. Why did I get christmas disease?

Dr. Sharon Bass

In brief: Genetics

Christmas disease, or factor ix deficiency is a type of hemophilia, type b.
You were born with the genes for it. It is usually not life threatening, but may need treatment prior to surgery. Very rarely, hemophilia is acquired later in life due to an autoimmune problem. No one knows how this happens.

In brief: Genetics

Dr. Sharon Bass
Dr. Sharon Bass
Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Genetics

Dr hadied is quite correct.
You inherited your clotting disorder. Nothing you did wrong, just how your inheritance happened.

In brief: Genetics

Dr hadied is quite correct.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me explain

Hemophilia b is a hereditary bleeding disorder caused by a lack of blood clotting factor ix.
Without enough factor ix, the blood cannot clot properly to control bleeding.Thank you.

In brief: Let me explain

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Jonathan Jassey