A friend was just diagnosed with chronic granulomatous disease, is that a serious condition?

Dr. Cindy Juster
In brief: Yes.
Chronic granulomatous disease (cgd) is an immune deficiency that leads to frequent and often severe bacterial and fungal infections.
Cgd symptom onset is usually in infancy or early childhood, and 90% of patients with it are males. I would add that there are other, very different conditions with similar names, so your friend should clarify this with his or her doctor.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Cindy Juster
Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: It depends
It depends on the location or sickness.
It is a broad term involving the lungs, liver, gi, gu manifested by abscesses requires frequent antibiotic treatments for infections.

In brief: It depends
It depends on the location or sickness.
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Shontae Buffington