I have developed geographic tongue, is it permanent?

Permanent. Geographic tongue is thought to be a condition that you will have to deal with the rest of your life. Unless, science keeps doing what it's been doing, then you may have treatment options.
Usually yes. It is also called benign migratory glossitis and is a nuisance, but other than that, not much to worry about. You may find which foods to avoid to keep it from flaring up.
Yes. Geographic tongue is a benign condition that ned's no treatment. It will come and go for the rest of your life. Don't worry about this. No treatment is needed, no long term problem.
Yeah, but it is OK. Geographic tongue is a fairly normal thing to have. There are no side effects from it and it is not anything that is concern for oral cancer. There is no treatment that is needed for it, but it will continue to show up for the rest of your life. On the bright side kids think it looks cool so stick your tongue out at kids and show it off.