What's a natural way to treat barretts esophagus?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Don't undertreat!

Barrett's esophagus is not something to play around with! barrett's epithelium occurs as a terminal event in those with chronic gerd.
Barrett's patients risks cancer of the esophagus. Poorly treated barrett's can progress by replacing more & more of the esophagus lining, & can become dysplastic. Barrett's warrants surveillance endoscopy, aggressive acid suppression, & maybe ablation &/or surgery.

In brief: Don't undertreat!

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Pathology

In brief: Do not know

Barrett's esophagus results from reflux of gastric acid and enzymes backing up into the esophagus and damaging the lining of the esophagus.
Overtime the damage can result in cancer. I do not know any effective "natural" treatment, but conventional medicine can treat it with drugs and if needed, surgery.

In brief: Do not know

Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery