My fiance has broken eye orbit and now I wonder what I am getting into. Will this affect his ability to work?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Fracture orbit

Depends upon the extent of the damage.
If the fracture is not displaced and the vision undisturbed, then it will probably self heal and not need major treatment. If the walls are broken open, displaced, or there is doubling of the vision, you should consult with your ophthalmologist. Most injuries of this time heal well; some require surgery and a few leave long term damage.

In brief: Fracture orbit

Depends upon the extent of the damage.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Ty Endean
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: ENT consult

I would suggest a consultation with an ENT doctor or a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial reconstruction.

In brief: ENT consult

Dr. Ty Endean
Dr. Ty Endean
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine