My prostatitis is really wearing me down. Do you have any advice for living with the symptoms?

In brief: PROSTATITIS

It can be tough, stress reduction and strict restrictions in the diet along with increased urine production with fluid intake can be helpful.
Sometimes Botox injections can be helpful if there are severe voiding symptoms or Flomax (tamsulosin) type meds. Pelvic floor rehab has been used in the past also.

In brief: PROSTATITIS

Dr. Robert Bennett
Dr. Robert Bennett
Dr. James Kuan
Urology

In brief: Can be tough

Most men with prostatitis, chronic or acute, can be treated.
Talk to your md or seek a second opinion if you have had little improvement. Careful evaluation to rule out other causes of irritative urinary symptoms should be carried out to ensure that prostatitis is the actual diagnosis.

In brief: Can be tough

Dr. James Kuan
Dr. James Kuan