How do complementary doctors treat congenital hypothyroidism?

Dr. Howard Gollup

In brief: Thyroid hormone

The treatment for congenital hypothyroidism is to replace the missing hormone, thyroxine, and monitor the treatment.
I would hope all health providers would treat it the same way! it's a very natural treatment (it's replacing the same missing hormone the body is not making) and usually all that is necessary.

In brief: Thyroid hormone

Dr. Howard Gollup
Dr. Howard Gollup
Dr. Nguyen Nguyen
Western doctors would prescribe thyroid hormone replacement and monitor the treatment with periodic blood test to make sure the level of the hormone is just right. I hope complementary doctors would give thyroid containing remedies, and also monitor the blood to make sure that it is right, but I don't know that

In brief: Don't take chances!

Complimentary medicine does not have proven methods to treat conditions like congenital hypothyroidism.
Don't take a chance-untreated congenital hypothyroidim leads to mental retardation, more properly known as intellectual deficit. Early identification and prompt treatment help these children live normal lives. See a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy for proper management today.

In brief: Don't take chances!

Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Ronda Dennis-Smithart
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: They CAN NOT

The only therapy for this condition is replacement by thyroid hormone.
There is no other therapy!

In brief: They CAN NOT

There is no other therapy!
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond