Ever since the pediatrician diagnosed congenital adrenal hyperplasia in my daughter, I have been losing sleep. What does it mean?

In brief: Confirmed?? get info

The screen for cah in my state is occasionally a false positive.
If the defect has been confirmed, most states will have a program where you have metabolic centers that specialize in educating & elaborating the meaning of this DX for you and your child.There are variations of this DX & the life impact & rx varies. Contact your dr & set up a concsultation with the best info source you can find.

In brief: Confirmed?? get info

Dr. Melissa Young
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Missing enzyme

Cah (and there are diff.
Types) is the absence or deficiency of an enzyme needed for cortisol production. The pituitary tries to stimulate the adrenals to make cortisol, but the "building blocks" accumulate and get converted to other hormones. The treatment is steroids.

In brief: Missing enzyme

Cah (and there are diff.
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Melissa Young
Dr. Jonathan Jassey