My sister was diagnosed with anterior cruciate ligament injury. What do I need to know?

Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Need to know all opt

Would suggest you check with your doctor and get all the pros and cons of the treatment course planned before you decide, check to see what concomittent injuries there are , her activity/athletic demands.

In brief: Need to know all opt

Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Sports Medicine

In brief: Ortho consult

Acl tears are common.
People who manage poorly with a torn acl are younger, active people particularly those involved in pivoting or contact sports. Initial treatment is to decrease swelling and regain motion. After that, a discussion with an ortho surgeon is important to review non-surg vs surg options.

In brief: Ortho consult

Acl tears are common.
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Dr. Arthur Christiano