My sister was diagnosed with anterior cruciate ligament injury. What do I need to know?

Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Need to know all opt
Would suggest you check with your doctor and get all the pros and cons of the treatment course planned before you decide, check to see what concomittent injuries there are , her activity/athletic demands.

In brief: Need to know all opt
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Chittur Ananthakrishnan
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Sports Medicine
In brief: Ortho consult
Acl tears are common.
People who manage poorly with a torn acl are younger, active people particularly those involved in pivoting or contact sports. Initial treatment is to decrease swelling and regain motion. After that, a discussion with an ortho surgeon is important to review non-surg vs surg options.

In brief: Ortho consult
Acl tears are common.
Dr. Arthur Christiano
Dr. Arthur Christiano