What to do if i think i dislodged a blood clot in my wisdom tooth socket. How can I get it to re-clot?

Dr. Kirk Yen
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Keep it clean

Blood clot forms when a wound from extraction is healing.
It is not necessary for the actual healing process. It acts more like a dressing to protect the wound site. Keep the site clean and healing tissue will grow over the wound site. This will happen under the blood clot also. The process usually takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

In brief: Keep it clean

Dr. Kirk Yen
Dr. Kirk Yen
Dr. Denny Cho
Dentistry

In brief: Stimulate bleeding

I would visit the dentist or oral surgeon that extracted your tooth and get some dry socket treatment.
During that visit, they should be able stimulate more bleeding which would lead to new clot formation.

In brief: Stimulate bleeding

Dr. Denny Cho
Dr. Denny Cho
Dr. Michael Green
Dentistry

In brief: WISDOM TOOTH CLOT

The wisdom tooth clot will reform quickly if there is bleeding and you don't have to do anything! however, if your pain increases, you may be developing a 'dry socket' and a dentist can put some medication in the socket to speed healing and soothe your pain!

In brief: WISDOM TOOTH CLOT

Dr. Michael Green
Dr. Michael Green
Dr. Vicken Poochikian