My mother has aortic aneurysm. What should I tell her?

Dr. Luke Hermann
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Specialist referral
She needs to be seen by a specialist (typically a vascular surgeon) who can evaluate the anerysm and determine a need for treatment versus repeat imaging in the future.
As importantly, you and any other family members need to be checked as there is a genetic component to aortic aneurysms (which means you or your siblings are also at risk).

In brief: Specialist referral
Dr. Luke Hermann
Dr. Luke Hermann
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Study it,
Need to determine diameter and location of the aneurysm or aneurysms as they can sometimes be multiple.
Need to identify cardiovascular disease risk factors and neutralize them. Consult your board certified cardiovascular thoracic surgeon or vascular surgeon.

In brief: Study it,
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Mario Matos-Cruz
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology