My fiance has basilar skull fracture and now I wonder what I am getting into. Will this affect his ability to work?

Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
In brief: Mabye
He should get immediate attention in an er. The dr there can best judge what impact this will have on him [and your relationship].

In brief: Mabye
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Dr. J. patrick Tokarz
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Basilar skull fx
Most basilar skull fractures heal on their own without long-term adverse effects.
The most significant part of the injury is the concussion to the back of the head, which usually resolves. In some cases there may be a loss of smell and/or vertigo, which can be permanent in a few people. In severe fractures, there may be leakage of spinal fluid which would need to be surgically repaired.

In brief: Basilar skull fx
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Eric Weisman