How will bacterial meningitis affect the health of my child?

Varies. Bacterial meningitis can have effects from no long lasting problems to severe problems with hearing loss, seizures, etc. It depends on what the organism was that caused it and whether or not it was treated promptly. If your child has had bacterial meningitis, he/she will need close follow up to determine if any lasting effects are present.
May not. Many, if not most, children who recover from bacterial meningitis may not have any long-lasting problems. Sometimes it may affect hearing, produce other neurologic changes, but these will hopefully not occur to your child.
Bacterial meningitis. It can cause rsidual barin problems, hearing deficits from antibiotics, but if treated promptly may have no long term problems.