Why don't men want to go to doctors? My husband has anal itching, and I feel I have to drag him in to be seen. What will happen to him without treatment?

Dr. Pamela Moore

In brief: It depends

It depends on what is causing the anal itching.
One thing that will happen is that he will continue to have the itching and it won't get better. If he wants to feel better he will need to see a doctor to determine the cause to treatment can be done. There are multiple causes for this such as pinworms, hemorrhoids, etc. You need the right diagnosis and treatment to get better!

In brief: It depends

Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Pamela Moore
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Get worse

The skin thickens and gets darker and it becomes more difficult to treat.
In the interim preparation h can be helpful. Also try charcoal briquettes from drug store to absorb poorly digested food which may be contributing to problem.

In brief: Get worse

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Jonathan Jassey