If prostate cancer is diagnosed, should I have active surveillance, radiotherapy or surgery?

Dr. Kris Gast
Radiation Oncology

In brief: TX for Prostate ca

You should choose based on the sideeffects of treatment and how these would impact ur lifestyle.
Observation is used for stable psa, older pts with other health issues.Surgery or xrtare both good options with very different se.Discuss these with ur doctor or find a doctor who can still speak english to explain ur options.Its a big decision and i like my pts to be happy with whatever they choose.

In brief: TX for Prostate ca

Dr. Kris Gast
Dr. Kris Gast

In brief: It depends

Studies suggest that there is no one answer for everyone.
Get multiple opinions. Remember surgeons will tend to recommend surgery, radiation therapist will tend to recommend radiation and nihilistswill recommend doing nothing. Take your time and do your research. Prostate cancer is slooooooow growing. It probably took over 10 years to manifest itself. 6 months of deliberation is not unreasonable.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Andrew McCullough
Dr. Phillip Porch
General Practice

In brief: Ask your doctor

The answer to the ustinov depends on many factors including age, general health, gleason score, psa level, your preference given the different side effects of he different treatments.
This needs to be discussed with your urologist.

In brief: Ask your doctor

Dr. Phillip Porch
Dr. Phillip Porch
Dr. Arnon Rubin