My sister has chicken pox. What should I tell her?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Age? Do not pick

In children it is self limited.
In adults it can be more serious with lung involvement. It there a routine course ot will resolve in about 7-10 days. Keep areas moist to speed healing and prevent premature removal of crusts which may result in depressed or rarely elevated scars. If scars develop they can be improved later with fractionated laser.

In brief: Age? Do not pick

In children it is self limited.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dermatology

In brief: Chiken pox

Stay away from babies or any one that has not had chicken pox or the vaccine.
Try not to scratch the lesions. See a physicians if severe headaches, nausea and vomiting or neurologic symtoms develop.

In brief: Chiken pox

Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dr. Michelle Chambers
Dr. Cindy Juster