Maybe I worry too much, but I want to know how chemical irritants will affect my overall health.?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: In many ways

Chemicals can cause surface allergy or toxicity to the skin and mucus membranes.
If ingested they can damage the function of internal organs. While most irritants, like household chemicals do not do permanent harm, it is always possible to abuse them and find yourself having more serious harm. If in doubt, contact your local poison control center for a discussion.

In brief: In many ways

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: I agree...

...You worry too much.
Chemical irritants are, for the most part...Irritating...But do not affect your overall health significantly. Avoid the irritants you can avoid, tolerate the ones you can't.

In brief: I agree...

...You worry too much.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern